Teachers Recruitment Board (TRB), Tamil Nadu, through the indicative advt. no. No.02/ 2016 dated 27.02.2016, seeks applications in the specified proforma for the empanelment of academicians to the 222 posts of Sr. Lecturers, Lecturers & Jr. Lecturers in various subjects/disciplines in the Department of SCERT through written competitive examination. Eligible and interested candidates may choose any of the posts indicated below provided that they fulfill the following conditions of eligibility.
Job Specifications of TRB Recruitment 2016
1. Senior Lecturer – 35 Posts
2. Lecturer – 119 Posts
3. Junior Lecturer – 68 Posts
Subject-wise allocation of Posts:
(i) Tamil – 29 Posts
(ii) English – 34 Posts
(iii) Maths – 35 Posts
(iv) Physics – 27 Posts
(v) Chemistry – 20 Posts
(vi) Botany – 18 Posts
(vii) Zoology – 18 Posts
(viii) History – 18 Posts
(ix) Geography – 14 Posts
(x) Physical Education – 07 Posts
(xi) Telugu – 03 Posts
Place of Duty: The candidates will be posted in the various districts in the state of Tamil Nadu.
1. Senior Lecturers – Masters Degree with minimum 50% marks & M.Ed. degree with at least 55% marks with teaching experience for a period not less than 5 years.
2. Lecturer - Masters degree with minimum 50% marks in any subject of Tamil, Telugu, English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, History and Geography; and M.Ed. /M.P.Ed. for with not less than 55% marks.
3. Junior Lecturer – Masters degree with minimum 50% marks in any subject of Tamil, Telugu, English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, History and Geography; and M.Ed. /M.P.Ed. for with not less than 55% marks.
Age Criteria: The candidates should not have crossed the upper age limit of 57 years as on 31.07.2016.
Initial Basic Pay:
1. Senior Lecturer – Rs. 15,600– 39,100/- with Grade Pay of Rs. 5,700/-
2. Lecturer – Rs. 9,300 – 34,800/- with Grade Pay of Rs. 4,800/-
3. Junior Lecturer – Rs. 9,300 – 34,800/- with Grade Pay of Rs. 4,600/-
Mode of Selection: The candidates will be selected through written competitive examination conducted by the Board.
How to apply: The detailed advertisement and prospectus providing information regarding examination, application process will be notified in the month of April 2016. Candidates keen for the job should keep a close watch on the TRB website www.trb.tn.nic.in
- Availability of Notification & Prospectus – April 2016
- Written Competitive Examination (tentative) - 1st fortnight of August 2016
Teachers Recruitment Board,
4th Floor, EVK Sampath Maaligai,
DPI Compound, College Road,
Check more details here >>>