UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist & Geologist Examination 2016
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is inviting online applications from eligible Indian citizens for Combined Geo-Scientist & Geologist Examination 2016. Candidates ensuring to fulfill eligibility norms as provided below are requested to apply on or before vacancy lasts.
Description of UPSC latest Job Vacancy 2016
Name of the Examination: Combined Geo-Scientist & Geologist Examination 2016
Proposed Job Openings:
Category-I (Posts in the Geological Survey of India, Ministry of Mines)
1. Geologist, Group A – 121 Posts
2. Geophysicist, Group A – 156 Posts
3. Chemist. Group A – 29 Posts
Category-II (Posts in the Central Ground Water Board, Ministry of Water Resources)
1. Junior Hydrogeologists (Scientist B), Group A – 02 Posts
Essential Qualification: Candidates should possess Master’s degree or Post Graduate Diploma in concerned discipline from any recognized university with 02 years of relevant experience in related field.
For category-I – Should be between 21 to 32 years 01.01.2016
For category-II – Should be between 21 to 35 years as on 01.01.2016
Upper age limit relaxable to reserved candidates as per Government rules and directives.
Process of Recruitment: Selection process will comprise of following stages as given here-
(i) Written Examination,
(ii) Candidates successful in written test will be invited for interview/personality test,
(iii) Physical verification of original documents will be taken after candidates qualifying in interview.
How to apply for UPSC Recruitment 2016:
Willing and eligible applicants will have to apply online by using UPSC website www.upsconline.nic.in
The registration link for online application (Part-I & Part-II) is available from 6th February, 2016 to 4th March, 2016 till 11.59 p.m
Before staring for online application, candidates must go through the detailed instructions available at website.
It is advised that candidates must scan their photograph and signature in the prescribed manner before filling up online application.
Application Fee: The applying aspirants other than SC/ST/PH/Female candidates, who are exempted from payment of fee, will have pay Rs. 200/- as examination fee either by remitting fee into any branch of SBI through challan or by using internet banking facility of SBI or its associated bank such as State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur, State Bank of Hyderabad, State Bank of Mysore, State Bank of Patiala, State Bank of Travancore by using Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card.
(1) Ahmedabad, (2) Allahabad, (3) Bangalore, (4) Bhopal, (5) Chandigarh, (6) Chennai, (7) Cuttack, (8) Delhi, (9) Dispur, (10) Hyderabad, (11) Jaipur, (12) Jammu, (13) Kolkata, (14) (Lucknow), (15) Mumbai, (16) Patna, (17) Shillong, (18) Shimla, (19) Thiruvananthapuram
Important Dates to be considered:
- Starting date of online supplication – 06.02.2016
- Remittance of examination fee through challan – 03.03.2016
- Payment of examination fee through online mode – 04.03.2016
- Closing date of online application – 04.03.2016 till 11:59 PM
- Scheduled date of Competitive Examination – 13.05.2016
- Physical verification of documents – July/August 2016 (Tentative)
For more information, kindly check official website http://www.upsc.gov.in/
Find more job details: