Anna University Admission 2015
Anna University is a technical public University located in the state of Tamil Nadu. This University mainly provides education in the field of engineering, technology and allied sciences to scholars from all over India, mainly based in S. India. Established on 4th September, 1948, this university was formed with the amalgamation of two technical institutions in Madras (College of Engineering, Guindy & Madras Institute of Technology, Chrompet). The Anna University has a number of Colleges affiliated to the Association of Universities and Association of Commonwealth Universities and a partner of United Nations International Center of Engineering Education through the membership of Anna University. Read more at recruitment2013info.blogspot.in for recruitment information in India.
1. Undergraduate courses
2. Post-Graduate courses
3. M.S. course
4. M.Phil course
5. PhD courses.
Faculty-wise availability of courses-
1. Faculty of Mechanical Engineering – B.E., B.Tech, M.E.
2. Faculty of Civil Engineering- B.E., ME
3. Faculty of Electrical & Electronics Engineering- BE, ME
4. Faculty of Information & Communication Engineering- BE, B.Tech, ME, M.Tech
5. Faculty of Management Sciences- M.B.A.
6. Faculty of Science & Humanities- B.Sc, MSc, M.Tech
7. Faculty of Technology-B.Tech, M.Tech
8. Faculty of Architecture & Planning.- B.Arch, M.Arch.
Unlike other universities Anna University does not take any admission tests for admitting students to its various programs. However, it follows a very simple process for selecting students. The admission to the undergraduate courses is based on the marks of 10+2 or Intermediate in Physics, Chemistry, Maths (PCM) from any of the recognized Boards for that purpose. Also, the students need to apply online for the filling of application forms along with the fees prescribed for that purpose.
For UG courses-The candidate must have a min. of 50% marks in 10+2 from any recognized Board in each of the three subjects to get enroll for the UG program of the university. This applies to all courses except marine engineering, which requires 60% marks in PCM and a min. of 50% marks in English.
For PG courses-The candidate must have taken a three year degree course in the concerned discipline from any of the colleges of Anna University or any other university recognized for that purpose with a min. of 50% marks in the concerned subjects.
The application form can be filled online or obtained from the distribution centers of the university. If the form is filled online then the print out of the duly filled form will have to be sent by post along with the Demand Draft of Rs.500 attached with it to the specified centers of the university.
The distribution centers for the admissions of 2013 are : 4 centers in Chennai (CEE MIT,government polytechnic and Bharathi Womens College), 2 in Kaanchipuram (University college of Engineering, Rajeswari vedachalam Govt. college) and 1 in Thiruvallur (Muraguuppa Polytechnic).
Colleges under Anna University:-
1. Anna University - Guindy, Chennai Circle
2. Anna University - Tharamani, Chennai Circle
3. Anna University - Tiruchirappalli Circle
4. Anna University - Madurai Circle
5. Anna University - Tirunelveli Circle
6. Anna University - Coimbatore Circle
More Jobs For You