Rajya Sabha Secretariat Recruitment 2016-17
Parliament of India, Rajya Sabha Secretariat has invited online applications from committed and promising personnel for several job positions. Eligible and willing persons can apply online 18.07.2016 to 29.07.2016 if requisite conditions are met. The details of Rajya Sabha Secretariat Recruitment 2016 are given below:-
Total No. of Vacancies: 143 Posts
1. Junior Parliamentary Interpreter (English/Hindi) – 01 Post
2. Junior Parliamentary Interpreter (Assamese) – 01 Post
3. Junior Parliamentary Interpreter (Marathi) – 01 Post
4. Junior Parliamentary Interpreter (Urdu) – 01 Post
5. Junior Parliamentary Reporter (Hindi) – 04 Posts
6. Junior Parliamentary Reporter (English) – 04 Posts
7. Senior Executive/Legislative/Committee/ Protocol Assistant – 23 Posts
8. Research Assistant – 08 Posts
9. Stenographer (English) – 06 Posts
10. Security Assistant Gr. II – 16 Posts
11. Junior Library Assistant – 02 Posts
12. Junior Clerk (English) – 30 Posts
13. Junior Clerk (Hindi) – 02 Posts
14. Junior Clerk (Urdu) – 01 Post
15. Translator – 28 Posts
16. Junior Proof Reader – 13 Posts
17. Staff Car Driver (Ordinary grade) – 02 Posts
Educational Qualification: Candidates should possess Graduation/Post Graduation in concerned discipline with certificate in computer course and/or typing speed of 40 words per minute in concerned language. Matriculation with valid Commercial LMV/HMV license is required for Staff Car Driver post.
Limits of Age: Candidates applying for the posts under Sl. No, 1 to 6 and 15,16 should be between 18 years and 30 years. For rest of all posts, age should be between 18 years and 27 years. The cut-off date for determining age shall be the last date of submission of application.
Relaxation in upper age limit: Concession will be provided in higher age limit to the candidates belonging to SC/ST category by 5 years and OBC category by 3 years. There is no upper limit of age for candidates having regular service in Rajya Sabha Secretariat.
Scale of Pay:
- For Junior Parliamentary Interpreter (English/Hindi/ Assamese/Marathi/Urdu) & Junior Parliamentary Reporter (English/Hindi) - (PB-3) Rs. 15600-39100 + Grade Pay of Rs. 5400/-
- For Senior Executive/Legislative/Committee/ Protocol Assistant/Research Assistant/Translator - (PB-2) Rs. 9300-34800 + Grade Pay of Rs. 4800/-
- For Stenographer (English)/ Security Assistant Gr. II/Junior Library Assistant - (PB-2) Rs. 9300-34800 + Grade Pay of Rs. 4200/-
- For Junior Proof Reader - (PB-1) Rs.5200-20200 + Grade Pay of Rs.2800/-
- For Junior Clerk (English/Hindi/Urdu)/ Staff Car Driver - (PB-1) Rs.5200- 20200 + Grade Pay of Rs.2400/-
Application Fee: Candidates will have to pay requisite application fee of Rs. 100/- and bank charges of Rs. 60/- should be made through Fee Payment Challan to be deposited in cash at any branch of State Bank of India (SBI) after 96 hours of online submission of application. SC, ST, Person with Disability, Female and Ex-Serviceman candidate are exempted from payment of fee.
Mode of Selection: Candidates applying for the posts mentioned above will be required to undergo various stages of selection process which are given below:-
(i) Written Examination (Preliminary & Main),
(ii) Skill Test,
How to apply: Interested candidates may apply online through the website http://rajyasabha.nic.in/
The link for online registration of application will be available from 18.07.2016 to 29.08.2016.
Online application process can be completed taking into consideration the following steps:-
(i) Log on to the website http://rajyasabha.nic.in/ and click the hyperlink “Apply Online”,
(ii) Complete the registration process filling all the details as required,
(iii) Verify all the details and submit online application form,
(iv) Upload the fee payment details and fee challan,
(v) Upload scanned images of latest passport size colour photograph and signature in the prescribed size/format.
(vi) Ensure that all the details entered are correct before finally clicking on the “Submit” button.
- Online submission of application starts from 18th July 2016
- Online submission of application closes on 29th August 2016
Click here to check current job openings: