Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB), under the Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt. of India, invites applications from keen and qualified personnel for filling up 2068 Posts of Constables in several trades viz. Driver, Cook, Washerman, Barber, Safaiwala & Water Carrier. All the eligible male & female candidates may apply before due date. The details of SSB Constable Recruitment 2016 are indicated below:-
Name of the Post: Constable
Sum total of available positions: 2068 Posts
Classification of vacancies-
(i) Driver (Male) – 731 Posts
(ii) Cook (Male) – 349 Posts
(iii) Cook (Female) – 60 Posts
(iv) Washerman (Male) – 170 Posts
(v) Washerman (Female) – 30 Posts
(vi) Barber (Male) – 82 Posts
(vii) Barber (female) – 15 Posts
(viii) Safaiwala (Male) – 176 Posts
(ix) Safaiwala (Female) – 30 Posts
(x) Water Carrier (Male) – 395 Posts
(xi) Water Carrier (Female) – 30 Posts
Minimum Educational Qualification:
- Matriculation or equivalent examination passed from recognized board with possession of valid Heavy Vehicle Driving license. For Constable (Driver)
- Matriculation and two years Diploma from recognized Industrial Training Institute (ITI) in concerned trade with 2 years work experience in respective trade for all other posts.
Age Limitation: Between 21 – 27 years for the post of Constable (Driver) and between 18 – 23 years for rest of all i.e. Constables (Cook, Washerman, Barber, Safaiwala & Water Carrier). Age will be calculated as on closing date of advertisement i.e., 17/07/2016.
Relaxation in upper age limit -
- Up to 05 years for SC/ST candidates
- Up to 03 years for OBC candidates
Refer to detailed advertisement for further information related to age relaxation.
Pay Scale: PB-1 Rs. 5,200 – 20,200 + Grade Pay Rs. 2,000/- with usual allowances and benefits as admissible in SSB from time to time under the rules.
Examination Fee: General & OBC category candidates will have to pay Rs. 50/- against examination fee in the form of demand draft / Banker’s cheque OR IPO in the respective names as given below:-
- For Constable (Driver) Post - IPO should be in favour of “I.G. FTR, Hqr., SSB, Lucknow” payable at Lucknow (U.P.) and DD/BC should be in favour of “I.G. FTR Hqr., SSB, GOI, MHA, Lucknow” payable at SBI Main Branch Hazaratganj, Lucknow (Branch Code – 0000125).
- For Constable (Cook, Washerman, Barber, Safaiwala & Water Carrier) Post - IPO should be in favour of “Accounts Officer, FTR Hqrs. SSB, Patna” payable at Patna (Bihar) and DD/BC should be in favour of “Accounts Officer, FTR Hqrs., SSB, Patna” payable at SBI, Sheikhpura, Rajabazar (Patna) (Branch Code – 03563).
Note - SC, ST, Ex-Servicemen & female candidates are excluded from paying examination fees.
Selection Criteria: The appointment will be made through various phases as mentioned below:-
(i) Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
(ii) Physical Standard Test (PST),
(iii) Document verification,
(iv) Written Examination/Assessment,
(v) Trade Test and
(vi) Medical Examination
How to apply: Interested candidates will have to apply through prescribed application proforma downloaded from SSB web site www.ssbrectt.gov.in
The application duly filled up and signed by applications should be attached with DD/BC/IPO & relevant documents/certificates in a sealed envelope superscribed in capital letters as ““APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF (NAME OF POST APPLIED)-2016” should be sent to the respective address given below:-
- For Constable (Driver) Post –
The Inspector General Frontier Headquarter Sashastra Seema Bal, Sankalp Bhawan, Vibhuti Khand, Plot No TC/35-V-2 Lucknow (U.P.) – 226010
- For Constable (Cook, Washerman, Barber, Safaiwala & Water Carrier) Post –
The Inspector General Frontier Headquarter Sashastra Seema Bal, Rukanpura Bailey Road, Patna (Bihar) – 800014
- Last date of submission of applications is 45 days from the date of publication of this advertisement in the Employment News for the candidates residing in N.E. States, Ladakh Division of Jammu and Kashmir State, Lahaul and Spiti District and Pangi Sub-Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands or Lakshadweep
- Last date of submission of applications is 30 days from the date of publication of this advertisement in the Employment News for all other candidates.
For complete information, kindly see the detailed advertisement attached below:-
Click on the following link for latest jobs information:-