Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM), Pune invites applications to hire dynamic, committed and self-motivated professionals for the post of Research Associates, Research Fellows and Junior Research Fellows under SAFAR (SYSTEM OF AIR QUALITY FORECASTING & RESEARCH) Project at Ahmedabad region. Interested candidates having requisite qualification and other norms may apply before due date i.e. 30th April 2016. The details of IITM Pune Recruitment 2016 are provided for the sake of job contenders as follows:
1. Research Associate – 07 Posts
2. Research Fellow – 12 Posts
3. Jr. Research Fellow – 04 Posts
1. Research Associate – Doctorate degree from a recognized University in Meteorology/ Atmospheric Sciences/ Oceanography/ Physics/ Applied Physics/ Geology or Geophysics with Meteorology as main subject/ Mathematics/ Applied Mathematics/ Statistics/ or equivalent subjects.
2. Research Fellow – M.Sc./M.S. in Meteorology/Oceanography/ Atmospheric Sciences/Physics/ Applied Physics/ Geology or Geophysics with Meteorology as a main subject/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Applied Mathematics/ or equivalent subjects with NET/GATE/JEST/JAM qualified.
3. Jr. Research Fellow – M.Sc. in Physics/Atmospheric Sciences/ Meteorology/ Geophysics/ Environmental Science/ Electronics/ or equivalent subjects from a recognized University/ Institution with NET/ GATE/ JAM/JEST passed.
Minimum 60% aggregate marks in masters degree is essential for General/OBC category and minimum 55% marks in aggregate for SC/ST/Physically Handicapped Category is essential in the master’s degree.
Maximum Age Limit: Age of the candidates applying for the posts has been limited to the extent given below:-
1. Research Associate – 35 years
2. Research Fellow – 28 years
3. Jr. Research Fellow – 28 years
The cut-off date for determining age limit will be 30.04.2016. Normal Relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST, 3 years for OBC, 10 years for PWD etc. as per Govt. directives will be available.
Consolidated Pay: Monthly stipend payable to the Research Associate will be Rs. 36,000/- with admissible house rent allowance while Research Fellow & JRF will be offered Rs. 25,000/- with admissible house rent allowance.
Selection Criteria: Shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.
How to apply: Desirous candidates may apply online through IITM recruitment url http://www.tropmet.res.in/Careers
No other means / mode of application shall be accepted.
- Last date for submission of online application – 30th April 2016
- Date of interview – Last week of June 2016
Check more job details >>>